Holy Trinity Lutheran Church was established by Slovak immigrates in 1884, and is considered the first Slovak Lutheran church in America. The church originally served the area near the Chicago, Wilmington, & Vermilion Coal Co. mine no. 3 in south Streator. The mine operated form 1884 through 1896. Today the “Old #3” Church is used only for special Services. In 1902, Holy Trinity joined with other Slovak churches in America to form the Slovak Evangelical Lutheran Church. In 1971, the SELC merged with the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod and remains as a non-geographic district of the LCMS.
Our primary Church is now located at 101 Trinity Dr. on the east side of Streator. The campus includes a woodland park with pavilion and playground. The main building houses our Church, Preschool, educational wing and fellowship hall.